This monthly newspaper has been published by the Jewish Community Council of Oran, Algeria. The Library of the Alliance Israélite Universelle in Paris holds a partial collection that has been scanned by M. Evyatar Chelouche from Israel. We thank him very much for letting us index these historical pages of genealogical value.
The journal includes all kinds of information that cover:
1. Soldiers, natives of Oran and the environment, who were fighting on the various fronts in Europe.
2. Announcements of birth
3. Boys celebrating their Bar Mitzva.
4. Couples getting married
5. Announcements about people who died
6. Students and pupils who got a special award
7. Members of various committees
8. Donors for not only the needy part of the local community, but also for the relief of the Jewish victims of the Saloniki great fire as well as for the welfare of the Jerusalem Misgav Ladakh hospital.
It’s moving to read how some people donated a lonely franc, but made the mitzvah to donate for their brothers more unfortunate than them.
A total of 2,175 names have been indexed from twenty-nine journal issues.
Search the Database
(See FAQ button for additional tips):
Consider alternative name spellings. Remember that names used many different spellings which also included characters like Ç , ň , etc. (See introduction above) So be creative!